Neosho Beauty College enrolls a very limited number of students to receive training for Instructor. Each potential applicant must meet with the school Director for an interview to determine the availability for acceptance in the program.
We offer education on the basic principals of teaching which includes the basic skills in administration, teaching methods, and psychology. Through assisting licensed Instructors, students are provided with the hands on experience necessary to equip them with the basic skills of Instructing Cosmetology, Manicuring or Esthetics students. It is our goal to prepare students for the requirements of Missouri State Board exam and to prepare them for a career in the work place. Teaching is a rewarding service. The skills of instructing are many and require a very open and mature personality. College’s are constantly in need and are searching for excellent Instructors.
COURSE LENGTH: 600 clock hours
FULL-TIME SCHEDULE: Tuesday – Friday (9:00 am to 5:00 pm)
TIME TO COMPLETE BASED ON FULL-TIME SCHEDULE: 20 weeks
Basic Instructor Course: 600 Clock Hours
COA (Cost of Attendance) Components INSTRUCTOR
These components are used for Cost of Attendance for purposes of calculating financial aid. The totals are based on monthly averages derived from completed student surveys at Neosho Beauty College. Components other than tuition, fees, books and kit are not actually charged to the student.
|( 600 hrs / 20 wks / 5 mo )||( 600 hrs / 20 wks / 5 mo )
|Prorated tuition and fees||$3400||$3400|
|Food and Housing|
|Single / Live with parents||$2875|
|All other students||$7945|
Students not eligible in part for Financial Aid that would pay for their education at Neosho Beauty College can arrange a convenient payment plan to the school for the difference of what Financial Aid will not cover. Students not eligible for ANY Financial Aid can arrange for a payment plan with a down payment and subsequent monthly payments. Contact the schools office for details.
Methods of payment accepted include full payment at time of signing the Enrollment Agreement or through an approved payment plan. Payments may be made by cash, check, money order, credit card, through a non-federal agency or loan program, and by Title IV Federal Financial Aid if qualified. Students are responsible for paying the tuition, fees, other stated costs and for repaying any applicable loans plus interest.
- Must hold current Cosmetology, Esthetician or Manicuring License.
- Must have High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Registration application to State Board (Fee: $5.00, non-refundable).
- Interview with the school owner.
- Each student will be provided approved text books.
- Instructor trainees are assigned practice teaching under supervision of a licensed Instructor.
- Instructor trainees are not allowed to do patron services. Said instructor may only demonstrate for or otherwise assist student under their supervision.
- Instructor trainees will be required to develop Book of Lesson Planning.
- Total hours required may be reduced at the discretion of the Missouri State Board of Cosmetology. In general, the hours required may be reduced 100 hours for every year of work experience, up to 300 hours maximum (3 years). Other college hours are considered.
- LICENSED OPERATORS WHO CAN DOCUMENT 3 FULL CONTINUOUS YEARS OR MORE OF WORK EXPERIENCE, MAY APPLY AND TAKE THE INSTRUCTORS EXAMINATION IN MISSOURI WITH NO REQUIREMENT OF TRAINING.
Basic Course Description: 600 clock hours
|Basic Principals of Student Teaching||200 Hours|
|Psychology as Applied to Cosmetology||50 Hours|
|Business Experience or Management||50 Hours|
|Practice Teaching||300 Hours|
This course of study is planned to present a program of training, to supply well trained qualified teachers for the Cosmetology profession.
- Develop the ability to teach the theory and practice of Cosmetology using various teaching methods.
- Use of various teaching aids such as textbook, workbook, audio-visual aids, etc., to the best advantage in the classroom.
- To provide information about specific teaching techniques to be used in the classroom.
- The principles of psychology as applied to teaching.
- To identify personal qualities of a good teacher.
- To develop and appreciation of professional competency as a teacher.
- To develop those personal characteristics that contributes to success in teaching.
For curriculum, cost, and all other information about the instructor course, please refer to the school catalog found on the home page under “links“.